gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pinda

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is it true that gobies are difficult to acclimate? I am interested in getting nano fish and thought that gobies would be a great addition to my tank. But reading up on them i read that they are difficult to acclimate to the new environment.

I never had a problem, but I haven't tried them all. Which one were you interested in?

The one I am interested in is the Clown Goby, Brown. I would love the catalina goby but I dont have a chiller to get my temps down to where that goby would like. Not certain if a fan would do the trick. My tank stays at a constant 82. (Had to leave my windows open)

Most gobies tolerate acclimation fairly well. They are pretty hardy fish. You should be okay.

I have 2 damsels; 1 domino and 1 yellow tail are these too agressive for the gobies.

They will likely be agressive towards any new introduction. the good news is that they do not share the same portion of the tank. Damsels are swimmers and shrimp gobies tend to hide in substrate and rockwork. If you are interested in a shrimp goby, I also suggest getting a pistol shrimp as well. nce they find each other it is an amazing relationship to watch.

Thanks I will try the pistol shrimp option. Whenever I make a new introduction I usually move around the rocks and powerheads so its new to everyone.

I have two and never had a problem. Nothing any special from the other fish. Is this for the 55 you have on your info?

melosu58 said:
I have two and never had a problem. Nothing any special from the other fish. Is this for the 55 you have on your info?
Yes this is the 55g on my info.

Back
Top Bottom