Gobies and Blennies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes...I have had both gobies and blennies together in my system. I wouldn't suggest putting them together in a small tank but 55+ and they should be just fine.

I agree. I have two gobbies and a blenny and they even think about each other. They will do OK with each other.

Black sailfin blenny

100_0258.jpg

100_1230-med.jpg

Pink spotted Goby

100_1945.jpg

Bullet goby

img_931600_3_5b2ea1d8cc7ae7194073f7bee92f71fb.jpg

Both of them are hammer corals. The darker one is a regular one and the lighter one is a branching hammer. Thanks for the compliment. BTW what type blenny or goby are you thinking about?

Both of them are hammer corals. The darker one is a regular one and the lighter one is a branching hammer. Thanks for the compliment. BTW what type blenny or goby are you thinking about?

I don't know yet on which Blennie to get yet... I have a gobie so I thought a blennie would be cool to add still trying out my options....

I agree with Allen. I like the Midas Blenny. They find a hole and come out and then somehow back into the hole. Ray has one, pretty cool. I like the forktail, they swim mid-tank (Midas too). I would suggest a mid tank blenny and a sand sifting goby (with a pistol, of course...lol).

I agree with Allen. I like the Midas Blenny. They find a hole and come out and then somehow back into the hole. Ray has one, pretty cool. I like the forktail, they swim mid-tank (Midas too). I would suggest a mid tank blenny and a sand sifting goby (with a pistol, of course...lol).

I have been trying to find a Pistol for 3 weeks now even online they are out. My LFS says they get them in all the time but for some reason they haven't been getting them in lately? But the Midas Blennie Sounds like a good pick-up..

Thanks guys...:)

Ray "had" a midas. Lovely fish. Mid tank swimmer. Backs into rocks with his head poking out, being nosey. Very personable.

I got the forktail, fang now. Never perches. Always swimming mid tank. Curious. Plays dodge ball with my magnet cleaner. Would never bite a finger so don't worry about the fang part. That just protects him from other fish.

I agree, the bite is a defense mechanism. If they are swallowed, they bite the inside of the aggressor's mouth and it releases him.

Back
Top Bottom