Goby and Blennys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grease

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Goby and was wondering if anyone would recommend a lawnmower blenny to be in the same tank together. I have green hair algae and heard those blennys would eat it.

What kind of goby do you have a what size tank? Also sea hares clean hair algae very well too

I have a 40 gallon tank and a diamond watchman goby

I have a pink spotted watchman and a lawnmower and they are fine with each other. They were some of my first fish. The sea hare is great too, I have one too. BUT they can easily get sucked up by filtration and powerheads so they don't usually survive for too too long in a home aquarium. Plus after they eat all the algae you have to supplement their food with algae sheets.

:) I've had my sea hare for like 8 months and people are shocked I've managed to keep him this long. lol

Don't get a fish and expect it to take care of a hair algae problem get to the bottom of it, you will find your tank will be a lot healthier. I got craigslist rock and it looked like grinches long lost cousin, with a lot of water changes taking care of my tank 8 months later I have very little left only one or two places that it grows. I should have taken a before and after picture.

I love my lawnmower blenny but as an algae eater he doesn't do much.
I posted a video of my blenny he is such a character.

Don't get a fish and expect it to take care of a hair algae problem get to the bottom of it, you will find your tank will be a lot healthier. I got craigslist rock and it looked like grinches long lost cousin, with a lot of water changes taking care of my tank 8 months later I have very little left only one or two places that it grows. I should have taken a before and after picture.

I love my lawnmower blenny but as an algae eater he doesn't do much.
I posted a video of my blenny he is such a character.

+1 I don't buy creatures for my tank unless I actually want them, not to fix a problem. My lawnmower has the cutest eyebrows and I just knew I had to have him. The seahare I got just because he is different and not many people have them. I only had minimal algae to begin with though. :)

Back
Top Bottom