goby feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mp3z24

Aquarium Advice Freak
ive had a red banded goby for a few months now. and he seems to be doing okay, but i am unsure if is should be feeding more often than i am.

i am currently feeding 3 times a week. i have 2 b/w perculas, 1 goby, and 1 orange spotted blenny. i feed 1 frozen food cube (mixture of 1/3 cube of brine w/ spirulina, 1/3 cube of emerald entree, and 1/3 cube of marine cuisine... all by san fransisco bay). they all eat well on the days that i feed, and the inverts seem to pick up any of the remaining food that hits the bottom... but should i be target feeding the goby each day (or even twice a day)? he looks a bit thin, and i feel guilty after re-reading the live aquaria description.

not wanting to be a bad parent, :?
~mike

I feed my tank about 3-4 times a week and my randalls shrimp goby does fine. I think gobys will eat pods from time to time, I have seen mine sift the sand before too.

well, i have yet to see this guy do any sand sifting... i think i will keep an eye on him to see if he is getting too thin. i have added an additional feeding, so im up to 4 a week. we'll see how it goes.

~mike

Back
Top Bottom