Goby question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blakskall

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a yellow watchmen goby when i bought him i was hoping he wood sift sand.. He doesnt.. I was wondering would be fight with a different type of goby such as a diamond goby?

Ive heard that there aggressive to eachother but a diamond is in the family of a goby but different colors..

Get him a pistol to pair with. How big is your tank. Ywg need space and security or else yes they will fight other gobies.

Colors doesn't matter. If the ywg feels he has to compete he will. Basically anything that burrows he will compete with. I think 75g would be fine with a lawnmower it's plenty of space. I'd say anything 50+ gallons is ok to add another probably less just playing safe

If you have a reef tank you might not want a sand sifting goby some will actually cover up lower corals with sand. I have a pistol shrimp and wheeler goby I have had to uncover a few corals from the shrimps construction and reconstruction. I really enjoy my pair and I hope to have them for a very long time.

Back
Top Bottom