Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by cccapt View Post
Looks like a real nice start to the coral collection. With that list tho, there is no need for kalkwasser. Kalk adds calcium and alk and the soft coral polyps you ordered don't really use either. Hard corals (LPS or SPS) use calcium, alk and magnesium. Just remember, don't dose if your not testing for it. You can check your ca and alk and add a little to supplement it if necessary, but with the list of corals you have, you will not need to dose daily.

Those corals/inverts will add virtually no bio load to your tank, so just acclimate them and put em in.
Sounds good my calcium is a low 360-380 according to my API test kit that I test with weekly I went to order a Salifert Calcium kit from Dr fosters and smith to double check my results but wont be in stock until 4/11 I want to get around 420Calcium for optimum growth. I will add a green brain coral next after I get used to things which I believe does absorb calcium (unsure). The 2.5gallon Aquadose drip system I am ordering is to minimize my top offs with a slow drip of RO/DI water for evaportation. I ordered the Kalkwasser to have incase I needed to add it to my top off water.

Just got an e-mail and needed to order something else to hit the $250 price point for free shipping so I adding on a Moon Coral Moon Brain - LPS Corals - Barrier Reef Aquariums

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
120G Oscar tank in progress
fijiwigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 10:01 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ohhh boy...pretty soon you will be free-basing salt mix and snorting zoanthid toxins!

I agree the coral list looks good to start with. No need to get into anything fancy yet...just go slow and evolve along the way.

Old 03-31-2008, 10:09 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando View Post
Ohhh boy...pretty soon you will be free-basing salt mix and snorting zoanthid toxins!
I agree the coral list looks good to start with. No need to get into anything fancy yet...just go slow and evolve along the way.
LOL I am definately addicted for sure good thing Im in AA

I wont order anything else for a long while or my wife will kill me. I hope I didn't over do it with the Moon Brain coral. I should have a decent display to look at now here pretty soon, I am excited and can't wait to see the UPS delivery truck. I am going to have to take a vacation day from work just to be home for my shipment since my days off are sun/mon the 2 days they don't deliver.

FijiWigi_Tank_photos
Old 04-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to usmcmarc Send a message via MSN to usmcmarc Send a message via Yahoo to usmcmarc
Moon Brains are nice and not too difficult to care for. You will be happy with those choices.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:34 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lando View Post

Mmmm... zoanthid toxins.

Hope it works out for you! You definitely dove into the deep end with that order! But there's nothing there that will be hard to keep for ya. Hope the quality is what you expect. I can vouch for the quality of the stuff in their store (they're 15 minutes from my house!) and it's top notch. Not sure if their mail order stuff is coming from their store or a frag farm of theirs in a top secret location! I'm thinking it's the later.

Anyway... welcome to the dark side!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:47 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt_Nelson View Post

Mmmm... zoanthid toxins.

Hope it works out for you! You definitely dove into the deep end with that order! But there's nothing there that will be hard to keep for ya. Hope the quality is what you expect. I can vouch for the quality of the stuff in their store (they're 15 minutes from my house!) and it's top notch. Not sure if their mail order stuff is coming from their store or a frag farm of theirs in a top secret location! I'm thinking it's the later.

Anyway... welcome to the dark side!
15 min from your house thats convienent If I lived where you did I would be bankrupt and addicted to more than zoanthid toxins there is nothing but a small fish store with some xenia and a small group of clownfish in Yakima. I spoke with Cy from barrier reef on the phone and he didn't have the moon brain coral. He said he has about 10 brain corals and he would take some photo's of them and let me pick I thought that was cool of him, everything he is sending me is from his store. I just gave him a budget and told him to set me up putting total trust into his judgement I figured with mushrooms and simple stuff I couldn't go wrong really. I am hoping he sets me up nice, I have a good feeling about it.

FijiWigi_Tank_photos

Tags
direction, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com