going out of town!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FloridaNewbie

Aquarium Advice Regular
I will be out of town for the holidays for about 3 weeks. My brother will be incharge of my tank, but he will only feed and measure salinity/topoff. Over the past 2 weeks i did two 50% pwc's, the tank is clean and looks clear. i changed my filter media because it was disgusting!! Oh and i added a bag of purigen to the hob peguim. Are there any other things i am missing ? or any extra advice i should give him? he knows how to do a water change, just in case, and i brought about 10 gals of sea water just for safety in case he needs to change something.

THanks again
Leo

As long as he understands to lightly feed and not over do it he should be fine. Only other thing I'd have him do is test for nh3/no2 once a week just to make sure levels are 0.

Have fun during your time off :D

I agree that he understands if he errs to err on the light side of feeding. But it sounds like you have it covered. You might want to give him our website so if he has any problems to write to us and we will answer. Have a good trip.

Whenever we leave town for an extended trip, my brother-in-law watches my tank. He does a good job with feeding and top-offs. I also let the LFS know that I am leaving and leave the number for him just incase anything happens while I am gone. the LFS is happy to help out if needed.

Back
Top Bottom