Going out of town... Need Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Packohotdogs

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi EVeryone,

This weekend we are going out of town for my sisters wedding. We are leaving on a Friday afternoon, and returning on Sunday afternoon.

First time I have left my tank, and have a question:

In terms of feeding, I was going to double feed my three guys on Friday (once in am, once before we go), and then feed them again on Sunday afternoon. Do you think they will be ok with this schedule? I usually feed them once a day.

I am not too concerned with the water params as they have been stellar for the past couple months, but will perform as PWC Thursday night (last one was Saturday evening). Its a young tank, so I would like to be careful.

Thanks and hope everyones well!!!

I feed my fish every other day to every 2 days and they are fine. Feeding on Friday and Sunday will leave them without food on Saturday and I'm sure they won't get too stressed from a little schedule change. Have fun at the wedding :)

Yeah I don't think missing a feeding for 4 days would even hurt the fish. Now me, in December I'm going to California (I live in Michigan) for 2 weeks. How am I going to feed them idk. Maybe a automatic feeder? I don't really trust people walking inside my house when I'm gone so that options out. My whole family is going and they are the only ones I trust feeding my aquarium. I'm a high school senior so I don't really have anyone out there I rly trust. Anyone else have options?

Jake337 said:
Yeah I don't think missing a feeding for 4 days would even hurt the fish. Now me, in December I'm going to California (I live in Michigan) for 2 weeks. How am I going to feed them idk. Maybe a automatic feeder? I don't really trust people walking inside my house when I'm gone so that options out. My whole family is going and they are the only ones I trust feeding my aquarium. I'm a high school senior so I don't really have anyone out there I rly trust. Anyone else have options?

I've been thinking about this same kinda thing for when we go on vacation next year. We'll be gone at least a week, maybe more. I've considered trying out an auto feeder while I'm still here, so I can check its accuracy. But then my sun coral wont get fed. My in-laws live 30 min away, and don't have an aquarium, so know nothing about them. I've thought about teaching one of the teens in the neighborhood and paying her to do it, but then again is be giving a teen free reign to my house while I'm away!!!!???? That's borderline insane!! Lol. What do people do?

Leaving for 10 days in December... which is why I am not adding coral or fish till I return. Figure it will be a good time to let the tank cycle without me fooling with it to much, but next year there is a 2 week trip on the horizon and it makes me anxious too.

Well where I live my LFS will take and hold them while I'm on vacation so maybe you can ask your LFS if they would do that for you?

Dreamsound1 said:
Well where I live my LFS will take and hold them while I'm on vacation so maybe you can ask your LFS if they would do that for you?

Wow! That's a nice service!

Back
Top Bottom