goldenspotted eel(myrichthys oculatus)feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrys rocha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've a goldenspotted eel in my 340 litres aquarium and the only thing that is eaten by it is shrymp without skin.In adition it seems to be blind, locating the pieces of food by its smell.Usually it picks the food from the tip of the pincer.
Is someone successfull with other kind of food?

Eels can't see ****. Best thing I can tell you to do is feed it shrimp...try some other things too if you want. My snowfake loves squid and large krill. What other foods are you trying? Or what is it that you want it to eat?

Thank you both...
I'm reliefed.
So my "snake" is not the only blind...
I use to feed other "people" in the tank, like hermits , spider crabs ,anemones and some fish, with clams ,besides the flock comercial food.
I would like to find a solution for using the auto feeder, in case of travell or so.
On the other hand, it seems to be very able to stay well without eating.
Is that true?

As long as the fish can't be pray they could easily go a week without food. IMO if you don't have someone to take care of your aquariums when out of town you have entered the wrong hobby lol. Or the wrong career if you travel because of work haha

Actually, my trips aren't that long.One or two weeks maximum, once or twice an year, just to see more sea life!
I started with aquariuns long ago ,but the professional life has thrown me away from the adiction...
Just a few months ago ,my son, who was inoculated with the aquamania virus since was a kid, has brought me a 340 l tank as a gift!
So, I jump into a new world ,with completely different tekniks...
Help me!
Ha,ha,ha!

Back
Top Bottom