Good CUC...?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

denwhite16

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering what a good size CUC would be for my 75 gallon? I only have a Turbo snail. I'm not sure my African red star counts...

Have you checked reefcleaners? They have cleaning crew packs based on size of tank. for a 75 I would recommend the 40g cleaning pack or around there. reefcleaners gives a TON of cuc in their packs. :-D

You can usually get a crew for under $30 and like I said, they def. overload their crews. I have like a 100 snails now it seems lol

it shouldn't if youre stable. I wouldnt put any fish in right before or after for a bit though.

if you were using tap water before and your going to be using ro/di water it will definately help

I agree with Carey. Go a little smaller on the CUC from reefcleaners. They really take care of you, plus if you live in FL you get free shipping on orders more than $25!!

It will take some time to get rid of the remains of tap water in your tank but the algae shouldn't get worse. I'm just now getting my phosphates down to .50 after using tap water for the first month of my tank.

So I Just thought of something after seeing what I was told would happen when I got my African Red Star.

Will he eat my CUC!?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110417_164252.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110417_164252.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 73
My CUC from reefcleaners.org came today. Moving around tank, all look happy so far. Hopefully the stirring of the sand will help my cyano go away.

I just checked out ReefCleaners.Org for the first time. Do they go overboard or what? For example the 55G package:
51 Dwarf Ceriths
21 Nassarius
20 Florida Ceriths
15 Large and 13 Small to Medium Nerites

I mean is that amount of CUC over the top? or is it just me?

Back
Top Bottom