Good News

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DJFam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all! I recently posted in "sick" sub-forum, regarding a recently purchased Coral Beauty that died a day after arrival in QT due to Fin Rot, and a Midas Blenny I had also received that had me concerned...

The Midas is doing very well now after 1 week of QT action (2-3 weeks to go). He's eating extremely well and is making the most of all 3 PVC items in the QT.

The family and I are so excited at his future in the Display Tank!

I just want to thank Carey and Slither for their replies on my recent sick thread and to this entire forum for all of the great threads; both knowledge and experience information!

Going to be posting a stock list thread soon so that I can finish off our tank in the upcoming few months!

So glad the blenny is doing well, just a couple weeks to go!

Would love to see what you have in mind!

Well,

We're sitting at the following (45 Gallon):

2 Oscellaris Clowns
1 Diamond Watchmen Goby
1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp
1 Emerald Crab
5 Assorted Snails (nerite and Astrea)
3 hermit crabs

In waiting (20 Gal Long QT)

1 Midas Blenny

We're a huge fan of the dwarf Angela but I have become stern about the fact that a y dwarf angel would most likely be the final piece to our tank.

A dwarf angel would also pose a potential road block to my future goals to start incorporating coral.

What are some other great possibilities?

We haven't been too keen on the Chromis due to their faster swimming behavior; The clowns seem to take care of that from time to time.

What about a Cardinal Fish? Fire fish? Any other possibilities?

I happen to like firefish AND orange lined cardinals. :) I know I couldnt decide if I had to though. I think i;m leaning on getting a firefish for my 20g, have him be the "big" centerpiece fish in that tank. lol I heard they were jumpers though which concerns me..

I have a firefish about 2.5 inches long. Many of time I have forgot to put the lid on my tank after feeding. He hasn't jumped yet; in fact, he rarely come to the surface. He is pretty interactive though with the other fish.

That's exactly what i want, an active fish. I have a completely open top on the tank though. The light is suspended about a foot above the tank. Still think it'd be ok?

Thanks red!

We have a lid on ours Carey at the moment...

In regards to Cardinal fishes, are they ok with being kept by themselves or do they need more than one?

A couple of sites I've researched have stated Cardinals may prefer one or two more of their kind; is this an accurate fact?

Back
Top Bottom