Got my live rock today :D 75 pounds of cured rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DamselnDistress

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'll post pictures as soon as i get the chance. I was thinking about a skimmer....and i need something that wont look gross on the back of my tank. Hows a prizm pro?

Do you have a wet/dry filter under you tank? If you do, you would just add the skimmer into your sump. Try to have the least amount of stuff in back of your tank, you don' twant to mess up the overall view. Can't wait to see you tank.

I'm thinking about building a sump...What all do I need for it. I'm not too handy and just assume you're talking to a complete idiot when u explain things. But I know I need a tank...I'm thinking 15 gal or 20 gal so I can have enough to do water changes. I also know I need an overflow box. What else should I have?

what size tank are you using?
this will depend on how mig your sump needs to be. a good way to build a sump is to build it as big as possible can fit under your aqaurium (if this is where u are planning to put it).
follow that GARF instructions on building a tank, then ad the dividers etc as needed. i have a 90 gallon and will soon be running a red sea berlin turbo in sump. some skimmers work along side of the sump or wet dry others work inside the sump. this will also depend on how big ur sump needs to be.

as for what you'll need to build your sump, one of the more popular ways to build one is using acrilic. some people use rubbermaid tubs, and this is a cheap and easy way to do it if you short for cash. if you're using acrillic, you'll need to get a plastic supplier, some acrillic cement and a good set of plans.
im in the process of building a sump for my 90 gal so if u have any questions u can ask
HTH,
peter

Back
Top Bottom