greasy grouper (epinepherus tauvina) help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsigel90

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm trying to find out if anyone has info on the salidity and water temperature I should keep my tank at for a greasy grouper. I've searched Google and I couldn't find any "success stories" on people keeping these fish. Any help would be appreciated thank you.

I have not kept that particular grouper but I do know that they are massive fish that I don't believe can be kept in home aquariums (unless you're advanced!) they grow to 2 and a half feet long! Unless your tank is 300g plus I wouldn't consider this fish.

Thanks, I do know they are massive and I'm in the process of building my house with a 500.he's a juvenile right now and I have him in a 55 gal then on to a hundred gallon and then by that time hopefully into the 500. I "adopted/rescued" him from a friend and I really couldn't find Any info to insure he stays as healthy as possible.

Oh ok, no worries. Have you been keeping saltwater for a while? I would keep your temp as salt within normal ranges I don't think these groupers require special conditions. Is he alone in the tank? He will eat any other fish his size or smaller. Super awesome fish!

I've had a number of tanks and fish over the past 10 years and I've basically traded and adopted out fish to have a variety of fish all the time. Unfortunately my tanks broke during a move. I had so many fish that had to be homed and thankfully they where.And now just trying to help a friend.

I like to do my research before any fish and this one doesn't seem to have any home aquarium info.

Back
Top Bottom