green algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
in the last few weeks I noticed im getting green hairy looking stuff on my decorations.ive had this tank running over a year and clean everything every few months.when I test the water its always perfect.i use tap water but I use stuff to remove what ever is in tap.whats going on?

my test kit doesn't have one and there is only one pet store in my area

Sounds like you got away with using tap water for a while and now its catching up to you.

I just bought api algaefix but it says freshwater.i hope this guy didn't sell this to me to make a buck.it says to use every three days till its gone

I just bought api algaefix but it says freshwater.i hope this guy didn't sell this to me to make a buck.it says to use every three days till its gone

I'd say he did. That stuff is not gonna beat hair algae by a long shot. I'd start using ro water and pulling the stuff out every water change. Running a phosphate remover will help battle it too.

it also says not to use with shrimp which I have.i only used it once I hope the shrimp makes it.i guess I wont use this again

Back
Top Bottom