Green Algae on top of sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mcquillian

Aquarium Advice Regular
30 gallon FO saltwater tank. All fish healthy, and all tests show everything is ok, but I have had a serious outbreak of a green algae the resides on top of the sand in my tank. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please list all water parameters, including PO4. What, how often and how much do you feed? Do you use tap water or RO/DI water for top-offs or changes?

For now, vac the algae off the substrate and do several water changes using RO/DI water. Also, try adding another powerhead to the tank aimed at the area of the substrate where the algae is growing.

Like Lando said, also how long are you running your lights? How old are they?
Raker333 is right too, is the tank near a natural light source? You can add the PH and use a turkey baster to suck up the algae.

Ugh... Is it cyano season or what... I've been looking at a various forums and everyone is starting to complain about cyano... lol

Ugh... Is it cyano season or what... I've been looking at a various forums and everyone is starting to complain about cyano... lol

I noticed that the other day.

Back
Top Bottom