Green Algae outbreak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Koco35

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a saltwater 14 gallon biocube with two clownfish, a six lined wrasse and a clean up crew of 4 hermit crabs and 4 snails (2 turbo and 2 narisus) . I also have 2 coral frags.

I currently have a film of green algae across the front and side glass of my tank. I recently bought the two turbo snails to help with this but they have been primarily focused on the live rock and back wall of my tank.

Aside from scrapping the algae off with a plastic scraper what can i do to get rid of it?

All this algae is blocking my view of the tank!

Help!:(

Best to find out the cause. How much do you feed? What's your lighting schedule? Start with cutting back on these and see how you go. Algae is caused by excess nutrients in the water...

Best to find out the cause. How much do you feed? What's your lighting schedule? Start with cutting back on these and see how you go. Algae is caused by excess nutrients in the water...
Thanks for your response!:flowers:

I think it may be related to the lights because the algae started even before the fish were added.

I hadnt added a food source prior to the fish going in.

I have a biocube with standard lights so I only have moonlights, dawn/dusk, and then daylights.

How many of each type of light should I have?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom