Green Blue Umbrella Mushroom Closing up?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xxnonamexx

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Green Blue Umbrella Mushroom that has been doing wonders in my tank for 2 months now all of a sudden looks like it is semi closed. I did a water change, but this was before it. I alsso have 55 Gal. Wet/Dry filter, 260watt Compact Lighting, 50lbs. live rock, 4in deep sand bed live sand with crushed coral and fine live sand. I have feather duster, bubble anemone, frog toadstool anemone, sun polyps, few other types of polyps gotta post more pix

http://www.flickr.com/photos/86208900@N00/ What can be wrong?

Is it the pic labeled Mar06_007? If so, can't make it out, you need to clean the glass :p

Given there is nothing near it from what I can see, it could simpley be splitting or preparing to release from the rock. How close is the nearest coral, you have no full tank shots....

Cheers
Steve

I'm sorry but the "camera phone" doesn't seem to do well close up. By the looks of the full tank shot, your Sinularia and toadstool are closed up but could simpley be a result from the water change and no concern.

Could you post the water parameters? Do you ever use carbon?

Cheers
Steve

salt is at 1.025 like they said was recommended. Nitrates/Nitrites 0. Ammonia 0. Carbon yes in the Wet/Dry Filter just changed it after the water change. Carbon also in the Protein skimmer.

Alk and Ca?

I cannot see anything that would cause a problem other than possibley a predaceous hitchiker yet unseen. Other than that, I would go back to my original suggestion above.

Is the affected shroom closest to the Sinularia or mixed in the bunch?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom