Green brittle star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

indigobluetc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So long story short I got a GBS today and brought him home. Well my GSP was pretty interested in him but i didnt see any damage. So i turned away for about 3 sec or so and half of his leg was gone? What could of happened? It looks like it was cut with a knife. Will it be ok? What should I do?

No invert is safe in with a puffer (assuming a GSP is green spot puffer). How did you acclimate the star? How are your water parameters? I would remove the star and QT him. He'll need pristine water and some tlc to recover.

Drip for about 2 hrs. I have a choc chip star and the puffer has never touched him. SO it was weird that he messed with this one. So QT him and it should be ok?

Like Cindy says, puffers love inverts, you will have an ongoing battle...

I can't guarantee it will be ok as I'm not really sure what the problem is. Assuming it was the puffer, and its just that the limb was broken or bitten off, in QT his chances are better for recovery.

It is weird tho since the puffer was doing no damage to him then all of a sudden half of the limb was bitten off and moving around on the ground. DO they loose parts of the legs like that? Or does it deff sound like the puffer did it? I mean the puffers mouth is not even big enough to fit around the leg.

Back
Top Bottom