Green Brittle Star

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

y.roc30

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So can anybody help me? I was in the LFS today looking to add something to my tank and went with a green brittle star. Now the guy says it'll work out in my tank. So i come home and do some research and come to find out my brittle star is a predatory creature. So what I want to know is should I take the little guy back cause he'll try to eat everything that moves in my tank or are there other fish i can pair him with that he wont bother? Thanks...

I am in the same boat, i just lost a canary blenny to a green brittle star, i removed my and put him in my 20G Long QT tank until i find him a new home, I also learned from research they have a tendency to bruise and cut soft corals such as frogspawn and candy canes ect.

Yeah i'm gonna watch him very closely. Currently i just have a Coral Beauty which is a good size fish and crab and snails. So far it hasn't bothered them but my hermits look like a good snack for a brittle. I'll look for pretty swift and active fish which hopefully will stay out of the way of my star. Good luck with your little terror...Hehe

Back
Top Bottom