green chromis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelinafay

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my greem chromis is hiding behind a rock for 2 days now. its scales have started coming off on one side and by its mouth, is he dying? it's "breathing" rapidly and only comes out to eat.

Well scales coming off is not a good sign at all. Its a possibility that he is stressed. Can you give us your water parameters so we can see whats up with the tank?

well i just checked the parameters yesterday and i need to add eightfour but that's it, can that stress a fish out that bad?

Well.. thats pretty low for SW fish. It should be in 8+ range. Around 8.2 is perfect.

That is pretty low. Is this a new tank?

Try aiming the power heads toward the surface of the water to create turbulence. Open up some windows and let some fresh air come in. It usually helps to keep plants in your home, too. Since they carry out photosynthesis and all releasing O2.

Hope your little guy makes it!

Yeah i agree with the powerheads part. Make sure the water on top is always moving.

I agree with with pointing thje PH up also. Good surface aggitation= good aeration.

well the water is always moving cause of the two filters but i don't have a power head, is it needed? and well the fish did die, i found it this afternoon!

Back
Top Bottom