Green Chromis Bioload

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crobo

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all, I've got a 36g bowfront up and running for about 3 months now Tank has settles and I'm just getting the params stable where they need to be. It is being filtered with about 40lbs of live rock, 20lbs of live sand, hydor skimmer ( the bigger one of the 'nano' series), HOB with carbon and floss.

Current stock list is~10 hermits 2 shrimp 5 snails 2 occ clowns 1 firefish 1yellow watchman goby.

I am trying to make a decision about the final occupants of the tank( for now). I really like sixline wrasses, they are cool to watch and have really interesting color. I also really like green chromis as a schooling fish, and because they are really responsive to human interaction. However if I got any chromis I would get at least 3.

My question is, could my current setup handle 3 green chromis? Or better yet would it handle 3 Chromis and a sixline? I feel like the latter would be pushing it especially because I want to eventually get corals into the tank. I don't really have experience with stocking a reef tank, so what do you guys say?

-Greg

Every system is different. If your parameters are at 0, or close, and the fish are not having problems (too little space) then add more fish. I personally don't think a tank is overstocked until params are high and the fish can't coexist with each other.

Back
Top Bottom