green chromis opinions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CARM

Aquarium Advice Regular
I know green chromis are usually kept in schools, so would it be "mean" to buy only one?

Yeah probably. I just got two (and I want one more) and they follow each other around religiously.

I thought they were boring when I first saw them, but after you look at them a while they are really fun to watch and the color is neat!

+1 what scottayy said
some people might think it's silly but fish have feelings too! lol

I have one and he is best friends with my clown, there are many stories on here about groups picking each other off one by one, i had a group of 5 go down

I was thinking about getting one with a clown in a 10 gallon, but the LFS told me that two free swimming fish might not get along in a small tank and discouraged me from doing it. Any experience with a clown and a chromis in a 10 gallon?

Chromis will school when young, but tend to separate as they mature/age. Chromis and clownfish will get along fine together, but you'd be better off with just a pair of clownfish and/or other small fish.

I have 4 chromis. They swim all over the tank together and with my two clowns. Now, they're all kinda trying to swim with my new butterfly who is very active. I think he eats all the leftovers picking at the decorations and artificial plants. All fish are great! I think you should buy more. It's better for them.

We have 5 chromis in our 30 gal. They are VERY entertaining! My husband refers to them as the 'puppies' because that's what they remind us of...an energetic litter of puppies. How about a royal gramma fish? You can only have one anyway and they are just beautiful. Ours is very curious and comes right to the glass whenever anyone is around.

Hi. I agree. His analogy is correct. And, we love the way their color changes depending on where they are in the tank. I never thought about a royal gramma, I do like their looks, but we've ordered a long nose hawkfish. We lost one and miss it. Hawkfish, flit from one rock to another or sit on the plant leaves. They're really entertaining also. And, we love our little scooter blenny. Talk about cute!

I have 2 green chromis and they are very amusing. They will chase the bubbles produced by the HOB and one of them will purposely swim straight toward the powerhead and consequently get swept away by the current, then do it all over again repeatedly it's quite funny to watch lol

After getting 2 of them I have really changed my opinion. They are awesome. Quite funny to watch too. I like how they swim fast and then suddenly stop. Their colors are beautiful too!

Back
Top Bottom