Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

I would say no on the ray as they are 2 COMPLETELY different enviroments. The eel NEEDS a large tank (very large) and the ray can benifet from the large tank. The thing is the Moray need quite a bit of live rock as it is a hiding fish. Tons of live rock and stingrays dont match. So it would either be a bare tank with not enough live rock for him equaling a stressed eel, or a stingray with not enough space. So i would say even if they were compatible you would even a LARGER tank to accommodate both environments.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:26 AM   #12
AA Team Emeritus

Your eel would probably eat the ray or at least both heavily wounded. I don't know what type of ray you have, but you'd prob need at least a 3000g tank just to see if you can get away with it (doubt it) due to aggression by the eel (I hear rays are nummy).

Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:19 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

California ray, AKA round stingray. He's got plenty of space in their now even with 170 pounds of LR. Wow you really think he'd eat or injure the Ray eh?

Steve
Old 04-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Aside from the whole eating the stingray thing, how would you be able to manage it if it got 4-5 ft. long and you had to move the tank? Trying to catch a big morray eel sounds like antibacterial cream and stitches to me lol.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:35 PM   #15
is back to save the day!

Why not just get another type of eel? Like a Chain eel, Ghost eel, or Zebra eel.. i think any eel is awesome besides the garden eel which looks butt ugly.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
Why not just get another type of eel? Like a Chain eel, Ghost eel, or Zebra eel.. i think any eel is awesome besides the garden eel which looks butt ugly.
Superb idea. I think a snowflake eel or any other smaller eel would do good. You could put flat things in the tnak that would not tear the stingrays fins for it to hide under and put small piles of live rock in the corners like a mini structure for it. Make sure it is not too small though as it could get eaten by the stingray.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Newbie

I have been caring for a 3.5 feet Green Moray eel at home for over a month now, I have not seen it feed once, im afraid it might die. I have tried target feeding even with lights off and its shy to eat. I have tried fish(tilapi) also squid, complete and small pieces, also silversides and calamari rings. I think im running out of options. Water parameters are in check Temp is 82-83 Degrees constant. I have soaked food in Selcon Vitamin and garlic and nothing seems to work please help i think if it does not eat soon it will die.

Please help.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:27 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Addict

Wow this thread is 4 years old man

Tags
eel, moray

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com