Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 03-12-2014, 12:20 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Green Moray eel wont eat

I have been caring for a 3.5 feet Green Moray eel at home for over a month now, I have not seen it feed once, im afraid it might die. I have tried target feeding even with lights off and its shy to eat. I have tried fish(tilapi) also squid, complete and small pieces, also silversides and calamari rings. I think im running out of options. Water parameters are in check Temp is 82-83 Degrees constant. I have soaked food in Selcon Vitamin and garlic and nothing seems to work please help i think if it does not eat soon it will die.

Tank is a 460 Gallon

Please help.

blacktippr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
I have heard places to treat larger eels like snakes. If you take the food and make it look like it's living in a way such as swishing back and forth in front of him he might go after it. But that's what I have read about I wanted an eel but my tank is to small but I did a lot of research on them. So try it if you want I'm not guaranteeing it will work though if so I'm sorry. Good luck!

ryn_C_mu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Wow cool fish and tank by sounds of it, have you tried live food? Just out of interest what tank mates are in there?
woody390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:12 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Even though my snowflake is nowhere near the same size or is even close to being a green moray I can always tell when it's hungry due to it coming out of its cave and swimming around at the top of my tank, chasing my clowns, or attacking my power head(it's got some beef going with my power head haha), just look for signs of it possibly being hungry try getting it to come out of where it is maybe that'll help
POLARBEAR0871 is offline   Reply With Quote

eat, eel, green, moray, ray

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com