Green Spotted Puffer compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Their temperment seems to change with their age (teenagers...), since they live a long time it doesn't change overnight. I've heard of them getting along with tank mates for up to a year completely happy then nearly killing off their whole community in a night.

In addition to maturity, I think it comes down to balancing their diet too.
You don't want to overfeed them but thats hard because you have to feed them less frequently with larger portion as an adult. If I can remember correctly, I think it was every 2 days you feed an adult GSP. These puffers are constantly hungry, so I think they would be more likely to take a nip out of a tank mate.

I agree...right now i am feeding him/her once a day...about 2.5 inches long...not sure when to consider him an adult. I know they can get to become 6 inches. Has anyone had thiers reach that big before?

Ours is about 5 to 5 and a half. Beautiful fish with it's big round belly :).

Ohhh very nice, i hate to ask but do you have a picture of him? How long have you had him? Not sure if you posted, is he in full salt?

IMO they are adult when they reach 6" or 2-2.5 year of life.

I have no data to back me up, but I think more than 65% of all GSP do not reach 6" due to improper keeping or death.

I have my two gsp in my tank with a snowflake eel and two clown fish. They seem to be doing fine together. And my tank is a fowlr set up because I have heard that the gsp will eat the coral. I by no means am a pro but so far all of the fish have been doing well together

I am probably just going to go the FOWLR route as of right now, i might experiment a little but nothing crazy, i love the little guy and i hope he grows to be a bit bigger cause i bought some marbled crays to breed in hopes he can have those as delicious snacks. Lil guy eats better than i do...lol.

I have this for food: snails, frozen blood worms, frozen brine shrimp, raw shrimp from stop and shop, gut loaded ghost shrimp....is there anything else i can add to his diet?

You can add frozen squid and krill. Also if you can find spirulina brine shrimp that's really good because it has algae in it

Back
Top Bottom