guess this project is getting put to a halt

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greaver83

Aquarium Advice Freak
So it 2 a.m im sitting im my living room i hear running water come from my cycling fowlr guess what i have a 4 foot long crack across the back glass [moderator edit] no rocks leaning on it or anything just a random crack out of no where well guess this project is getting put to a halt

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that sucks, sorry to hear that. You could buy a piece of glass and replace it. You'll have to re-seal the whole tank though. Good luck.

Yuh i could probably find another tank cheap i contacted the guy who owns the lfs i bought it from but i bought it used no telling if he will help me out or not

well good news i called the owner of the LFS i got the tank from and without hesitation he told me to come pick up another tank tomorrow morning better yet the tank he wants me to come get has a built in corner over flow :)

Nice!!!!! So I guess it wasnt too bad after all................ lol. What are your stock plans? Is it going to be reef? What size tank?

Before you add water make sure the tank is level sometimes a tank will split because it isn't level.

I always get them as level as possible drives me crazy if the aren't. So this new tank has a corner overflow with 2 one inch holes in the bottom what's the best way to plumb that I looked at this tank last time I was there and didn't get it because I was scared of a flood.

Nice!!!!! So I guess it wasnt too bad after all................ lol. What are your stock plans? Is it going to be reef? What size tank?

Its going to start out FOWLR but i will be going reef when i can afford proper lighting and get the hang of the hobby a little better but stock plans so far are 2 true percs kole eye tang sailfin goby with pistol shrimp and maybe a pakistani butterfly if i can find one at the lfs thats eating well and once my pod population is establish an green mandarin i think im going to do a 50 gallon sump/fuge with low flow so that should help with pods the new lfs i have been going to is amazing with crazy low prices so i could get creative he has discount 10$ corals and such so i will really be able to hook it up when i go reef i dont know if im allowed to link his sight but this is it he runs it in his basement Triad Reef Critters - ?*specializes in saltwater*aquarium*fish, coral and inverts.***We*have a*diverse line of saltwater fish, inverts, corals and dry goods, as well as*new and previously owned aquariums, pumps, heaters, skimmers, lighting, etc.*-We' Dexter the owner is a stand up guy and i suggest anyone in the triad area of north Carolina give him a visit

Well i going to lowes this afternoon to get the plumbing for my sump glad the tank came with bulk heads now all i have to do is find some threaded pvc that will work on them the bulkheads are 1.5 inches threaded on the outside still wondering if i should build a durso pipe

well got the rest of my equipment today in the mail seaclone 100 skimmer i know it has bad review so i just went ahead and done all the mods to it i could find lol and 2 1600gph power heads theyre korilla knock offs but they are super quiet and seem to be working well after a week of cycling i have 8.2ph 0.50ppm
ammonia o trites and o trates so i guess everything is coming a long well i had a dead shrimp in it until i got around 3ppm so i guess im doing it right
the skimmer does make a lot of microbubbles but after 2 hrs its already starting to get a little skimmate how long does a skimmer usually take to break in on a new tank

Id google vinegar break in for protein skimmers, I've heard it supposedly helps break it in faster

Figured I would do some updates I got all of my equipment in minus the lights gotta love holiday shipping I decided not to hook up my sump yet so I just capped the bulkheads my seaclone 100 is fonaly breaking in and starting to pull a little skimate nothing in it to pull yet hopefully I will be getting 50lbs more LR the first of the year

ForumRunner_20111220_154631.jpg

ForumRunner_20111220_154728.jpg

Lights made it finally they look pretty good I think getting 50lbs more base rock Monday now just to wait out the cycle I have another week or two left

ForumRunner_20111223_142712.jpg

Figured I would update this with some pics my stock list is 2 ocer clowns and a small yellow tang plus my cuc here are some pics

Attachments

• image-2697443668.jpg
    image-2697443668.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1976758768.jpg
    image-1976758768.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 74
  • image-4143555743.jpg
    image-4143555743.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 73
  • image-4027748013.jpg
    image-4027748013.jpg