Hair all over

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Riley

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone ever seen aaaaanything like this?! Its whiped out my whole eco system..

Attachments

• image-3939539261.jpg
    image-3939539261.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 88
  • image-1037182025.jpg
    image-1037182025.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1648199937.jpg
    image-1648199937.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 85
It KINDA looks like hair algae with sand stuff sprinkled on it............ it wiped out ur ecosystem tho?

Yea its really weird.. And veeeery frustrating.. And copper/ ich X is not reviving them from whatever it is..iv lost everyfish i come home to snails dieing.. I didnt go cheap on anything stocking.. 15 nassarius snails 12 scarlet red crabs 4 skunk cleaners.. Koran angel, kole tang, powder brown tang , ocelaris clown, six line wrasse, 90+ lbs of fiji / bali LR.. 2 high power hydor powerheads brand new bioballs( added during cycle which cycled empty for months since i have so many other tanks there was no rush) the only ONLY thing i can think would start to do this is this is my first time with a overflow/sump system and when the water dips low the part of the sump that was wet leaves a salt/grim kinda deposit on the sump wall that kinda floats off when i top it off during my water changes ( everysunday) im at a loss this friday i plan on moving everyrock back to my 75gl ( depending advice from all you if maybe my rock caused this) and the selling this tank and going with a different..

At first i thought it was this peice of rock that was spreading hair ( i have had it for almost a yr and never had this happen in my 75 that it was in the whole time)

Attachments

• image-2909700985.jpg
    image-2909700985.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 102
And i also dont know if that is bad algea or not but i had a lil patch on the rock when i bought and that was the whole reason i bought was dor a lil life on my rock.. But if anyone can tell me different or what kind it is.. Beleiev me i will have it boiling to get ride of it

What is your nitrates and phosphates? Also you might want to check your magnesium as well if that is low then that is probably causing some of the problem.

I made the mistake of buying a redsea nitrate kit.. It only goes to 4ppm so i always take it as its more than 4 and perform water changes.. My ph is steady. At 8.5 as for as the other tests you mentioned i dont have tests for those

No but what i am doing is dosing the purple up.. Half a cap for 100 gallon.. Way less than what they say but i didnt wanna over do it..

Back
Top Bottom