Hairy Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pipermurphy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was really looking close at my tank and all its inhabitants and noticed something I had not seen before, my live rock looked hairy like it had a 5 o'clock shadow. Is that normal? The tank is doing great and am slowly adding more corals to it and was wondering if that is normal. Thanks again all.

Would be awesome if you had a pic like fishfreek asked. If it is green you could have the dreaded "hair algae" which means I would hold off on adding anything else and check for "nutrients" What kind of skimmer u running?

Still waiting for Santa to give me the digital camera I so politely aked him for, I swear I was a good boy this year.
It is not hair algae, it is almost too fine to see with never mind using a camera anyway. It is only abour 1/16" long and on some parts of some rocks, it shows up more at night with the moonlight and a red lensed flashlight. Just seemed new and was unusual & wondered if anyone else had this.

Back
Top Bottom