Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Let me rephrase that. I meant the water and bubble mixture in the tube that the cup surrounds . Sorry for wording it wrong.

Old 02-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Regular

I did some more research and I found out that I have the water at the bottom of the collection cup. Then one the dry foam
starts to form I should know where to adjust it from there.

Old 02-24-2010, 01:07 AM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That's the one I meant that needs adjusting. Your right. I'd assume then that the air coming in is what you adjust to get the foam where you want it.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:19 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Regular

My skimmer just syarted to make dry foam but it does not overflow into the cup. If i adjust the air/water it stops making dry foam. How do i make it overflow or will it just make it over time?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice Freak

hi,i have a seaclone protein skimmer model 100&150.had it running for 8wks and just get clear bubbles in my collection cup.is this good or bad
Old 02-28-2010, 07:17 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Regular

skimmer

you didnt say how long your tank has been running, a freshly set up tank may not make as much foam as one that has had time to start really putting out a lot of protein to skim, on the other end of that spectrum, after my tanks had been running for over a year, and was really starting to be self sufficient, my foam collected went wayyy down as well but i always stock lightly and feed spareingly. That having been said, it is as was already stated extremely critical that the adjustment be correct and the bubbles be plentiful and tiny to really do a good job of skimming.

Tags
protein, protein skimmer, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com