Harlequin Tusk and shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FlopNewsom

Aquarium Advice Freak
Had a fire shrimp and 3 cleaners. We recently added a harlequin tusk and one by one all my shrimp have disappeared. I also have a long nose hawk who has been in the tank with the shrimp for at least a year. Would you suspect the harlequin of eating the shrimp?

I was on another site about a month ago reading and someone else had posted that they added one of these and it went after their shrimp. I think he bought some other kind of shrimp or something to that nature and it ate those instead so I'm guessing he's your culprit. I will see if I can find the thread again or one similar.

Thank you. He may have to go cause I really like the shrimp. I figure he's eaten bout a hundred dollars worth!

I read the link. Very informative. My husband brought him home cause he "looked cool". That's usually not a good reason.

I love my shrimp too! My favorite is my red fire shrimp! He's very cool and easy going.

It's possible that the hawkfish ate the shrimp. Hawkfish are crustacean predators.

I considered that but they didn't start disappearing until tusk came. Now that I've read up on him, I don't think he's going to be good in my tank long term.

Back
Top Bottom