harlequin tusk jumping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi all! Should I be worried about my harlequin tusk jumping out of my sump? He's a 2-3 inch baby but I've heard wrasses are known for going skydiving... do I need to cover it for his safety and my sanity?

I don't know about them but I do know most wrasse jump. I would put a lid if it makes you feel better and just to make sure.

huma-huma said:
Hi all! Should I be worried about my harlequin tusk jumping out of my sump? He's a 2-3 inch baby but I've heard wrasses are known for going skydiving... do I need to cover it for his safety and my sanity?

Why is he in sump

My 6-line has never jumped...So I don't see why it would unless its stressed...

It's a type of wrasse so I'd cover it. I'd hate to come to see a 150 dollar fish on the floor.

9" Auss Harquelin Found Dead on Floor Today!

Lesson Learned...I had him in a 150Gal tank, but had to put him in a 30 GaL Quarantine tank. A recently added to the tank a large sailfin tang who began picking on him and he become very shy and hid all the time (lasted for 3 weeks). So I was planning on moving him to another 110 gallon tank in my office, in the meantime I put him in the same Quarantine tank he was in when you arrived.

This time he was in the time a week or so and this morning managed to find a very small space for a very big fish to jump out. I was completely dumb founded to find him on the floor... Small space very big Fish and he still got out.

Space is between the overhanging filter and lid knock out for filter.

He was a perfect and healthy fish, completely my fault. Just hope others learn from my mistake. YOU NEED A TIGHT FITTING LID. take no chances....

JC:(

Back
Top Bottom