harlequin tusk wrasse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nafuzy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone have good experience / info/ advice on harlequin tusk wrasses??? I want one for my 110 predator tank I think they're gorgeous. My stock plans are black volitan(already in; juvenile), maroon clown, huma huma trigger, clown trigger(younger one from community tank; did my research), panther grouper, one tang (undecided; leaning towards powder blue) and the harlequin. I might for go the grouper just for bioload reasons, but please any info etc on the wrasse would be more than greatly appreciated! !!!!

Panther grouper in a 110 gallon when they need a 300 gallon tank you should know how big those fish need even a tusk needs 125 I'm not here to judge but I don't think you should be doing that to the fish

We're just looking out for you and your fish. I was going to put a tusk in my 90, but decided against it due to tank size. I know you don't wanna buy a fish just to have it die because of stress. IMO, the tusk will be fine in the 110g. And if the 110g is 6', your tangs outta be good too. I have heard of Lion fish eating clowns. Anything that will fit in their mouth, they will eat. If you do get the tusk, please post pictures! Imma get one for my 180g.

Thank you. That's all I needed. Believe me I know the grouper is too big I juggled the decision for months I know they get up to 3 feet but I was getting a baby. I just wanted to know if the wrasse was ok cause I heard they're *******s. :) and the clown I plan to get is already the size of the lion so far and currently lives with triggers tangs and lions. But thank you so so much ; I haven't heard much about the harlequin tusks.

nafuzy said:
Here we go again. Ok thanks for that.

My main concern is the panther everything else is ok but I mean are you gonna denie the fact that panthers get really big?

Yeah,i have put my 2 cents in about your stock and hey ,its your decision ..
What are the exact dimensions anyway?
I love the tusks ,,the ones from Australia are much more vibrant ..Get one from there if you can...TBH,they are not really that aggressive ,,the ones i have heard about and seen are almost passive and laid back ...

Thank you ft<33333 omg actually that's the one I want!!! The australians are goorrrrgeous and believe me I went thru hundreds of candidates and I want him in the tank!!

Dimensions: it's a custom built a friend gave me for a halide light I had. 56" 3layered class. The front corners are curved; not squared. Its gorgeous. I forget the exacts I can get them for u if you'd like but I know its longer than taller. Also the canopy has 3 fixtures. Im.getting an actinic bulb; the others right now are just plant growing flouresents. He had a plant tank haha. Keep in touch please.

Oh...as far as stock order, should the tusk go in before or after triggers?

My gorgeous black volitan is in his beloved corner back left. The sand bed/crushed coral bed was he'll yo level. Still messing with it. I plan on adding another 40lb of rock after I build my new 55gal sump/refugium.

ForumRunner_20111028_115758.jpg

The clown trigger should be your very LAST fish in ...Even though mine is a big baby ,,not all triggers are alike ,,,hence my getting rid of my humu...,,but i'd still put the trigg in last
Tank looks good

You got rid of a huma?!?! :( <\3. Yea I was gonna put that beasty in last. What about with like a tang and maroon clown? Those guys before tusk??

nafuzy said:
My gorgeous black volitan is in his beloved corner back left. The sand bed/crushed coral bed was he'll yo level. Still messing with it. I plan on adding another 40lb of rock after I build my new 55gal sump/refugium.

That's a nice tank I'm trying to see what you mean by ur corners curving? That sounds pretty near you gonna get more rock in there?

Pretty near..?? Like if you look directly through the curved/rounded corners its like distorted looking if that helps. But thank you!! Yea I wanted 40 more pounds. Think I should get more?? Less???

nafuzy said:
Pretty near..?? Like if you look directly through the curved/rounded corners its like distorted looking if that helps. But thank you!! Yea I wanted 40 more pounds. Think I should get more?? Less???

Meant to say pretty neat and yea personally I would go with 60-70 as long as u have room for the fish to swim around

That's the only thing I " was" worried about the swimming room. But I definitely aim for more, thanks alot brotha!

Back
Top Bottom