Have a look at my stock list

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greaver83

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so my 75 gallon fowlr is cycling atm i will be adding fish around the first of the year maybe a lil sooner this is the stock list i have came up with i am a SW beginner this is a fowlr for now it may become a reef some day but not ant time soon let me know if you guys see any major incompatibilities or let me know if this would be considered over stocked

stock list

1 Pakistan Butterflyfish
2 Ocellaris Clownfish, Tank Bred
1 Mimic Lemon Peel Tang or Kole Yellow Eye Tang
1 Orange Stripe Prawn Goby with pistol shrimp
1 Green Mandarin ( when pod population is good enough)
reef cleaner 30 gallon clean up crew

Okay i am no salt water expert, but dont pistol shrimp kill most other things on the sand bed? Just worried about your cuc, and i think tangs need a bigger tank.. Forgive me if i am wrong about the pistol shrimp

the goby forms a symbiotic relationship with the shrimp and not all tangs are created equal kole eye tangs and mimic lemon peels are perfectly fine in a 75 no offense but i would appreciate advice from more experienced Aquariust not someone looking to get there post count up

Reactions: HN1
I think he was trying to help! lol. BTW your stock looks good. Yes the tangs are good in a 75. Take some pics when your done! Sure work out good!

The only fish I would worry about would be the butterfly fish. i am contemplating getting one myself, a butterfly that is and have serious concerns about getting it to eat.

They are not easy fish. :)

The rest of the list looks fine to me.

dang that sucks they are hard to get eating i liked him because he would add contrast to the tank and think he is very interesting lookling guy what order should i add them in carey

Ya alot of butterflies are hard. You could try a racoon or auriga because theyre relatively easy. If your set on a pakistan I say go for it!

crister13 said:
I think he was trying to help! lol. BTW your stock looks good. Yes the tangs are good in a 75. Take some pics when your done! Sure work out good!

Ya i was just trying to help like you said, i even said im no expert. If the op knows it all why would he even ask questions.

I agree. Goby, clowns, tang, butterfly, then mandarin. Thats what I would do atleast. If I know enough for you. LOL

yuh crister i trust your advice you actually have a SW tank lol and sorry for the rage eel seems like every thread i make someone who doesnt know the first thing about sw fish wants to chime in and tell me something totally in accurate what an easy fish that could provide a little contrast i could do instead of the pakistan i like the looks of the butterflys and angels

greaver83 said:
yuh crister i trust your advice you actually have a SW tank lol and sorry for the rage eel seems like every thread i make someone who doesnt know the first thing about sw fish wants to chime in and tell me something totally in accurate what an easy fish that could provide a little contrast i could do instead of the pakistan i like the looks of the butterflys and angels

I am no expert but im starting a 30 gallon salt so im not a complete dummy. Cant expect every person who tries to help to be super smart, most people here are just trying to LEARN.

I'm leaning towards a saddle or double saddle butterfly for my 90g. From what I've read they are a better choice for me. I also want to add an angel, probably a half black or lemon peel maybe. I planned on them being the first fish I put in so that I can keep a close eye on them and make sure they get along and eat.

Then the fun begins, cause I'm going for alot of smaller fish like wrasses so that should be fun. lol

lol. I'm still a few weeks away from stocking. I have the 90g all ready to go just waiting for a space to open up in my dining room for the tank. ;-)

I wanted a yellow fish so not sure if I think the butterfly will be enough yellow or if I'll add the lemon peel. I really like the half black angels too, most of my fish will be brightly colored so I wanted something dark in the tank as well. Plus you don't see them everyday so I think its somewhat unique.

Yeah im the same way i would love the find something looked like a blue hippo but without the size i really a need a bigger house only thing that worries me with the angels id the coral nipping for when i do decide to go reef one day would like to try and get my clowns to host in a torch coral or something

That would be cool. You could do the Pakistan if you could get it to eat. It's hard but I think it's worth it. Just soak the food in garlic and try a variety of foods and he should eventfully eat. Make sure you don't have problems with him and the mandarin because they both pick off rocks. Let us know if you have any more questions. Good luck!!!!!

yuh its going to be awhile before i get the mandarin i hate to starve the little guy i think i may try the pakistan though hopefully I will be able to get him to eat

Back
Top Bottom