Heat/nitrates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperAlex

Aquarium Advice Freak
is it possible that with my AC being out this week and my tank reaching temps of sometimes 83 degrees that my nitrates would be abnormally high? I do religious 20g water changes every Sunday and they have been between 0-10. I did a 20g water change on Saturday to try to lower the temp and when I tested the water it was close to 40-50. So Sunday I did an additional 20g change and they tested at 25-30. All changes are done with RODI water that I make at home and instant ocean salt. Salinity and Ph are both testing normal(no ammonia or nitrites). The only new addition was a small Tomini tang the week before the AC went out and I don't think he would create that much waste. Any insight would be great. Thanks

90g
FOWLR Foxface lo x 1 Ocerllaris clown x2 Blue spotted Toby puffer x1 Tomini tang x1 Flame hawk x1 Red legged hermit crab x 5-10 Snails x 5 Short spine urchin (red) x 1 Conch x 1 Chocolate chip starfish x 2

Back
Top Bottom