Hello! New to forum and saltwater aquariums!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Albz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, So I've had freshwater aquariums in my life time and i can say i have a bit of experience with them! but i have always wanted a saltwater aquarium because of how awesome the fish and corals look! So i am looking to start my first and with all the research I've done, the best way is to start a FOWLR! and than later on make it to a reef! So, I still haven't set my self on a tank sizes! So i need you experienced broskis to help me out choose a size. I was thinking of a 30gallon tank, have the room for it and it aint that big that will hurt my wallet... So what do you guys suggest!And does anyone know any sites or vendors who sell tank kits!!! and equipment. Thanks for your time! cheers!

I would go for a 29 or a 20 long because it has a good floor plan to work with aquascape. If you can afford a 55 or 75 go for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is going bigger easier or harder. I wouldny mind going 55. Just dont want it to be to hard to maintain it..

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bigger is said to be easier to maintain and you can keep more in it ^_^

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Alright! Will go 50 or 55!! Will update when i purchase!!

Do you guys think i should get a 65gallon square tank or a 55 rectangular one??? What is better??

Bigger is always better. When it comes to easier to work with, cubes are easier due to the width. So the 65 cube wins hands down.

Are the plax cascade 1000 canisters filters any good??got a guy selling one wjth a 55 gallon tank but dnt know what to offer him.. he says the tank is only 3 months old and the filter is brand new in box

Can you guys help me out on decideing for some rock... i think i want to start off with dead rock.. so is there a kind you guys recommend and thats not to expensive and its good stuff.. please a site that ships to canada ontario!

You don't need a canister filter. Your live rock will do the work of it.
As for the rock, search around for macro or base rock. It will save you money and it becomes live over time through the nitrate cycle. You want 1 lbs of rock per gallon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got an offer for a 40gallon tank with some.live rock and sand and with buket and half of salt for 150$ canadian. Should i pull the trigger

Got an offer for a 40gallon tank with some.live rock and sand and with buket and half of salt for 150$ canadian. Should i pull the trigger

Haha trigger, and you're dealing with SW. From a fellow Canadian, where'd you get the deal?

Haha trigger, and you're dealing with SW. From a fellow Canadian, where'd you get the deal?

From kijiji lol. I havent gotten it yet. But its 40 gallon tank with sand n 20lb live rock plus a filter. For 150$..

Woow. How far are you from the seller? I usually have to go downtown for mine

He lives in whitby but willing to meet half way haha

got 20lbs of dry marco rock today for only 30$ canadian.... Went to big als and its 4,70 per lb lol...

Back
Top Bottom