Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 12-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Fish breath heavy and not moving much. I tested the ammonia level, nitrate, nitrite ...all test fine. Done 50% water change. Still no much improvement. I lowered the temp and someone said to put airstone in that it may help with oxygenation. Any other advice ????

Tank about 1 year old
__________________

__________________
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak
 
squidward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: long island. new york.
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale View Post
Fish breath heavy and not moving much. I tested the ammonia level, nitrate, nitrite ...all test fine. Done 50% water change. Still no much improvement. I lowered the temp and someone said to put airstone in that it may help with oxygenation. Any other advice ????
How's the body looking any signs of ich ? Did you check you salinity ?
__________________

__________________
squidward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Nu-Nu the eel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: So Cal
Posts: 5,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale
Fish breath heavy and not moving much. I tested the ammonia level, nitrate, nitrite ...all test fine. Done 50% water change. Still no much improvement. I lowered the temp and someone said to put airstone in that it may help with oxygenation. Any other advice ????
If they are breathing heavy that is usually a sign of low oxygen in your tank. Do you have powerheads and a filter?? If so, make sure they are on and working properly because they introduce oxygen into the water. If you dont have powerheads then i highly suggest you get some. As a temporary solution to the problem i think you should add the airstone and see if there is any improvement
__________________
Nu-Nu the eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Mrc8858's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 5,834
How long has your tank been running and have you cycled it?

And welcome to AA glad you found us here
__________________
Mrc8858 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
mr_X's Avatar


 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fairless Hills, Pa.
Posts: 17,895
Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Lowered the temp to what?
__________________
thanks,
Doug
mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:21 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrc8858 View Post
How long has your tank been running and have you cycled it?

And welcome to AA glad you found us here
Tank about just over a year old
__________________
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel View Post

If they are breathing heavy that is usually a sign of low oxygen in your tank. Do you have powerheads and a filter?? If so, make sure they are on and working properly because they introduce oxygen into the water. If you dont have powerheads then i highly suggest you get some. As a temporary solution to the problem i think you should add the airstone and see if there is any improvement
Got power head - cleaned it and the filter. Installed the airstone so hope that will help as well.
__________________
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidward View Post

How's the body looking any signs of ich ? Did you check you salinity ?
No sign of ich...
__________________
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:14 AM   #9
Aquarium Advice Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5
All back to normal today, fish all fine.Thanks for all the advice.
__________________
Neale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:55 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
 
Cucuito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 13
Still put a chemi pure or active carbon
__________________

__________________
Cucuito is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.