Originally Posted by Smarkalan83
Hoping someone can help tell me what they think this algae is from and how to get rid of it...
The algae is like a greenish color and is kinda stringy and it is leaving a thin layer over my live rock I am thinking it is some sort of hair algae but I don't know what would cause it and I can't seem to get rid of it ...
All my levels are good 0 nitrates 0 nitrites 0 phosphates no ammonia and I have been changing water every 5 days I change 5 gal
it is a 55g tank .... Can it maybe be my bulbs in my light are needing to be changed .... I replaced less than a year ago .... Any input would be great
For a quick fix...I would also run some GFO
after you clean the tank. It's NOT a solution though.
For hair algae to grow, it requires light, nitrate, phosphate and carbon dioxide. Here is a helpful link: