help amo. spike nitrite spike but nitrate went to zero

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmw325cic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey,

I have a 55 gallon salt water reef tank

amo. .5
nitrite .1
nitrate 0
posphates 0
ph 8.3
alk 2.9

Protein skimmer on the tank
wet/dry filter
reef keeper controlling everything in the tank
2 korilla power heads 750
1 vortex 40 i think
hob overflow cpr

live stock
Yellow Tang ( i know too big for this tank well my mom has a 1000 gallon and he was getting beat up and had ick when i got him so she can have him back when he isn't a baby anymore he is only 4 months old i plan on putting him back in her huge tank pretty soon cuz her hippo is mating she thinks)
dragon goby
mated pair true precula clowns
5 nass snails
10 blue leg hermits
and a bunch of zoos
and a feather duster
xen.

live rock 40 lbs
150 lbs of live sand

okay so last night i did a 5 gallon water change like always every monday and friday 5 gallons each time. I vacuumed the sand bed on half the tank I cleaned the wet dry filter media and cleaned the live rock with a brush and a rio pump, Yesterday my nitrates we at 10 today 0???? and yellow tang developed mlle over night and the goby's gills are inflamed really bad.
2/17 water parm 02/23 water parm
nh4 0 nh4 0
no2 0 no2.25
salinity 1.025 salinity 1.025
ph 8.1 ph 8.0
kh 10 kh 8 ( reactor was broken this week but fixed now)
no3n 10 no3n 10
cal 460 cal 440
phosphate .75 phosphate 1 ( got a reactor for that )

3/1/10
nh4 0
n02 0
salinity 1.025
ph 8.3
kh 11
n03n 10
phosphate 0
cal 460

I am making five more gallons of water now to change out the water in the tank with but should i just move every one into the qt tank thats estab???? ( its running copper 24/7 pacoso clown is coming soon so i went ahead and got is set up for the little guy! Oh this tank has been up and running for a long time!!! the rock in the tank ( well most of it ) is at least 15 years old from moms tank and the sand was seeded from her bed and i cylced the tank for about 3 months before i put anything into it I had a smalled tank thats now a qt tank!
Thanks Thom

Back
Top Bottom