help i have cloudy water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlovergirl

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HELP! I HAVE CLOUDY WATER IN MY SW TANK. MY AMMONIA IS 0ppm MY NITRITES ARE 0ppm AND MY NITRATES ARE ABOUT 10ppm my ph is about 8.1-8.2. WATER HAS BEEN CLEAR UP UNTIL ABOUT A WEEK AGO.
I WAS ADDING SOME ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS (KENT) BECAUSE I WAS AFRAID OF NOT HAVING ENOUGH ELEMENTS IN THE TANK BUT I DON'T THINK THAT SHOULD CLOUD THE TANK. ANY SUGGESTIONS? ALSO MY CONDY ANEMONE HAS STARTED SHRINKING I HAVE NOTICED THAT SOMETIMES THE FISH ARE STEALING ITS FOOD. BUT COULD IT BE ANYTHING ELSE I HAVE HAD IT FOR OVER A MONTH.:confused:

Adding supplements/essential elements is not a good thing to do unless you have a specific need such as hard corals in abundance that quckly deplete those elements. You may have overdosed. Dunno.

Stop adding anything and just rely on water changes to replenish those elements.

Not sure why you've got clouds.

Also, might want to cut the bottom off of a plastic soda bottle, put it over the anenome and feed him that way to keep the fish off.

And as a matter of fact, I'd do a substantial wter change now.

One other thing....

You got an anenome in a one month old tank???? Not sure that's a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom