Help identifying my hitch hikers please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris96m

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my first SW tank. I have been maintaing freshwater tanks for around 6 years so not completely new to it all. I have a 25 gallon tank with live sand and about 5lbs of live rock adding the rest on a pay day. The LR has been in the tank for about week now and I have this same thing growing in a couple of places if anyone could help me with a name I would appreciate it thanks

Attachments

• image-2626325992.jpg
    image-2626325992.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image-3771698722.jpg
    image-3771698722.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 109
Aptasia. Peppermint shrimp can help get rid of them. Nasty little things. Spread like crazy

"Anyone who possesses a saltwater tank will probably, at one point or another, experience an invasion of Aiptasia. These anemones can become quite hazardous to the flora and fauna in the tank and can cause high stress for the coral and can potentially kill fish as well. They are quite difficult to remove once they have been introduced to the environment, typically as hitchhikers on liverock. It is not uncommon for attempted physical removal to cause an increase in Aiptasia population. Therefore, Berghia Nudibranchs have become a popular means of extricating the pests due to their ability to target only the anemones instead of the rest of the tank, ensuring Aiptasia removal"

aptasia.ca

Back
Top Bottom