help, Ii think my new anemonie is upside down

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

orb4me

Aquarium Advice Newbie
how do I know forsure and what do I do.

I brought him home around noon, all was well.

now I think he is upside down. I can see what I assume to be his belly.

I'd be patient. It knows it's upside down and might prefer it that way for now. They have a tendency to go and situate themselves the way they want to. Not much you can do if you were thinking about doing something with it.

And..... if it were going to "go belly up", it will. How old is the tank? Describe rock, filtration, inhabitants, age, water readings.

Thank you everyone!!! I flipped him over last night, only to find that he was not upside down so i flipped him back over. This morning he looked dead to me. all the little finger things where falling down or had shrunk in.

So, (Did I read up on the little guy before I bought him? oh nooo) I put him in a plastic bag with tank water. Did an emergacy race to the fish store. The fish guy that knows me very very very well now, after 2 yrs of dealing with me, asked me what happened?? So...I told him I think hes dieing. He says well if he wasnt, he might be now. He took him and looked him over and proceeded to tell me all the stuff I needed to know before I bought him. It has a foot!! that was neat.

For now, he looks fine, his foot is going back in the hole in the rock and my water tested fine.

I thought I had this fish keeping down pat now. 2 yrs experience. :( thanks again all.

when they shrivle up and stuff like that.. ususally they are releasing used food in there stomach cavity... also when the lights go off.. there is no reason to wave around tentecles if you dont need to.. mainly for the light.. so yeah.. they are intresting creatures lol

sounds like your all set now..

Just wanted to let you know my new BTA did the same thing. He was moving around on the substrate upside down. Of course, I thought the worst, but he seems to be fine now.

I've been trying to coax him to the front of the tank by changing the water flow. He's been moving along the back out of view. This morning, it looks like he's finally moving forward to the front. He's peeking through and I'm sure when the lights come on he's gonna come out :)

The are interesting animals.. But as the most expensive animal in my tank, I'd like to be able to actually see it.

What kind of lights are you using right now? i changed my lighting out to a 50/50 reef light and a true sun light.. and they climbed to the highest spot of my tank.. my pink tip is spanning the entire 12" depth of the tank lol

I guess I am more stubborn than my anemones. I want them in certain places... and yes, I know they will go where they want, but I have been training mine LOL (like that works) But when they move, I just stick my little hand in there grab em, leave my hand on them softly until they attach to the rock where I want them and then feed them lol. BUT LISTEN!!! DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT take any advice from me! I do great with my coral and such, but kill my fish and don't even know why. Here is my stubborn blue tip. But he has gotten to where he stays put lol. I wanted him in a certain spot because of the size of the tank, therefore, I wanted him towards to the side where my clows tend to hang.

Attachments

• P4030054.jpg
    P4030054.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 113
I have 2 large anemones in my tank. When I first got them, they wandered around for about 2 days. One ended up in the most perfect spot. I could not have found a better place for it myself. It opens fully to about 8"across and sits right in the middle of the tank. The other one sits in the worst spot for viewing. It is in the back side of the tank in between some rocks. There is a small spot where it gets light. I guess it likes it there.

Back
Top Bottom