Help Killer puffer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kjboer7

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help me porcupine puffer is killing all my fish??? While we sleep, do that all do that.

Not all,but puffers like triggers are predators ..If they feel the need to eat and go after smaller fish ,they will..

Kinda what I thought there better hunters then I thought. He killed my naso last night. And they whee about the same size fish.

Now thats kinda strange for a puffer ,,but i had a killer trigger that i had to get rid of,so it may be time to ship him out..Sorry,i know how it is and it stinks

Ok kinda what I was thinking he's crazy. Anything that I put in the tank you goes after. Even when I try to feed him he attacks the stick, or my fingers he's crazy lol. Well he's eaten enough of my fish he eats better then me lately. So bye bye mr puffer.

Many people (on this forum and other forums) report having success with this species in a community-like tank. These reports are given in a short-term basis, which is few years or less. Long-term success rate (greater than 10 years) is almost non-existent. Porcupine puffers (and all other SW puffers) have always been recommended as a solitary fish by keepers who has had them for over 10+ years.

my puffer recently is nipping at my bangaii cardinals fins, its in there nature i guess..

These puffers grow quite large and at a rapid rate. When they feel there is not enough adequate room, bothered by other fish, or improperly fed they simply put their teeth to good use. I've maintained these puffers in the past prob. close to the 10yr mark if not more and at full growth...they do fine with fast moving and aggressive tank mates, not passive dither fish you see in most "standard" aquariums.

These puffers grow quite large and at a rapid rate. When they feel there is not enough adequate room, bothered by other fish, or improperly fed they simply put their teeth to good use. I've maintained these puffers in the past prob. close to the 10yr mark if not more and at full growth...they do fine with fast moving and aggressive tank mates, not passive dither fish you see in most "standard" aquariums.

I have a green spotted puffer. Would a percula clown be Ok with it?

It might work for a few hours, weeks, or months. Always remember that any tankmate is always at risk for abuse or death.

Back
Top Bottom