I have a small NH3
spike in my 20 gal
QT tank (~0.25 ppm NH3
, ~0.5 NO2
), currently holding an orange spot sleeper goby and a Bangaai Cardinal. I only have 3 gallons of ready to go mixed up saltwater on hand, left over from my weekly PWC
yesterday. I doubt 3 gal
is going to make that much of a difference and it will be ~24 hours before the next batch is ready to go.
I'm about to go down and do the 3 gal
water change, but what else can I do before the new water is ready to go tomorrow? I have Amquel+ on hand, should I add some of that to neutralize the NH3
, or is it best to wait it out until tomorrow?
I do not currently see any outward effects on the fish, no odd behavior, no rapid gilling, etc.