Help please :( SHARKBAIT NEEDS YOU!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LiiDsz

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I just came home from work, and I brought my new Lil clown fish home food I notice my mom forgot to turn off the in my 29g biocube like I asked her too but I didn't think anything of it, until after I fed him and looked around notice my temp was 91.1!!! I go to get a closer look at my clown fish an notice this white transparent film on the left side of his face. He ate all his food an is swimming still but what should I do I don't any chemicals or a spare tank to put him in he's the only one in there I put a cold water in the back of the tank to see if that will cool it down some but is my Lil shark bait going to die?

Turn off the light? Or heater? You're missing an important word ;) if lights, what kind are they? You should invest in a timer. If heater, you should be able to set the temp and it stays there...

Turn off the light? Or heater? You're missing an important word ;) if lights, what kind are they? You should invest in a timer. If heater, you should be able to set the temp and it stays there...

No lights because I've heard that the biocube has a tendency of over heating. My clown has made it through the night I kept the hood open and not the tank isn 84 degrees. He's is swimming but I have work and I don't think he gonna make it any Idea what he has? Is it burns?

I could be his slime coat coming off because of the stress if it is you can use stress coat which is in a bottle too help him. you should try getting a zip lock bag scooping ur fish water freezing the fish water or at least make it cold and put the bag back in the tank too cool it off dont open it but just let the bag cool the water. I do this in the summer when my fish tank gets hot its a 30g and I put 2-3 in at a time for about 4 hours or until it completely melts then switch out with Other bags

What kind of lights are they to create that kind of temp rise? I had to change from t5s because they added 3-4 degrees to my tank and for the two weeks of extreme heat in summer I figured a chiller wasn't worth it. I switched to led and haven't had a problem. How long so they usually run for in a day? If you have no corals you can keep them off for a day or so to help cool the tank down...

I have two little clamps holding my cube lid open a bit just to allow for air circulation and to keep it cooler. I've got metal halide lights and those puppies create a lot of heat. Give that a try and you could also add a clip on fan to create more air movement and cool the water.

I could be his slime coat coming off because of the stress if it is you can use stress coat which is in a bottle too help him. you should try getting a zip lock bag scooping ur fish water freezing the fish water or at least make it cold and put the bag back in the tank too cool it off dont open it but just let the bag cool the water. I do this in the summer when my fish tank gets hot its a 30g and I put 2-3 in at a time for about 4 hours or until it completely melts then switch out with Other bags

Well I did out prime in the tank and last night I kept the hood open with a cold water bottle in the tank. I woke up this morning and the tank went back to 84 thank god . When I left he was swimming a little funny I turn of my powerhead so he could get tossed around the tank. I didn't turn the light in when I left I don't have any coral just him and 2 turbo snails the light that I have are the ones that came with the biocube . I'm thinking of chucking the hood and putting an open tank led fixture I just don't have the money now :/ but I'm praying that when I get home from work his alive . I work at a pet store in the fish dept so ill bring home some stress coat :) any other ideas or suggestions

84 is a bit high. If you can get it down to 80, that will help with stress. Be careful with the cold water bottle too. Temps need to stay consistent, no more than a two degree swing per day. Sometimes in smaller tanks, people will toss in frozen water bottles to lower the temp, but a big swing in temp can do damage too.

84 is a bit high. If you can get it down to 80, that will help with stress. Be careful with the cold water bottle too. Temps need to stay consistent, no more than a two degree swing per day. Sometimes in smaller tanks, people will toss in frozen water bottles to lower the temp, but a big swing in temp can do damage too.

So I just got a call from my mom shark bait didn't make it :(

We're sorry but saltwater is an adventure in which u learn from many mistakes I should know.

We're sorry but saltwater is an adventure in which u learn from many mistakes I should know.

I been dealing with saltwater for about 9 yrs but at my store this was my first personal tank. I new to get a over the top led fixture because with the lid closed and the over heating of the biocube itself is a deadly mixture

Oh that's sad :( it's a newly cycled tank right? I would definitely try and get led lights, that will help with your temp a lot and you shouldn't be turning off your powerheads, they are important and assist with adding oxygen to the tank.

Oh that's sad :( it's a newly cycled tank right? I would definitely try and get led lights, that will help with your temp a lot and you shouldn't be turning off your powerheads, they are important and assist with adding oxygen to the tank.

I turned it off because this morning it was just whirling the poor little guy around but yea I don't have any coral or anything in the tank so I don't have the lights on I just have a light stand facing it so I could at least look in the tank. But the led for this tank or just so expensive more expensive then I paid for my entire set up ($150)

Also quick question I have the marineland mj1200 water pump and I mean this sucker is going is it to power for a 29g cause I see my other clown just whirling around like it might be to much flow

Given the situation, id say that a timer is a better fix for this problem. Itll codt you $5-10 and will likely eliminate the overheating issue

Back
Top Bottom