Help.. Star didn't do well!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltyCraft

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Looks as though my sand sifting star has died. It lost an arm and thendidn't move for 2 days. They center seems to be being eating up. I took it out and it smells pretty bad so I figure it died. I just want to make sure I don't have major problems with my tank. The damsels are fine it seems.

Test your water.
How did you acclimate him?

they need a mature tank with alot of fauna in the sandbed...they will starve to death easily if the tank cannot support them and they are not target fed.

Ah-Oh I just added a small (size of a quarter) red sea star to my tank and it is only 3 weeks running and the fauana I couldn't comment on. Right now it is attached to the from glass near the top and is in perfect display.

I hope he hangs in there.

The red sea stars (fromia sp probably) do not get their food from the fauna in the sandbed. They will get their food off rock, glass etc. It wouldnt hurt to give yours a small pieces of food once a week or so either.

I cut up a cocktail shrimp and put a small piece under the disk..
Could you translate this for DUMMIES?

Do you mean peal him off the rock and put a speck of shrimp under the center of the tiny starfish?

And yes - it is a Fromis

Back
Top Bottom