Help Stocking My 75gal FOWLR and or/predator tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chris1610

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all.

I'm Chris, and I am just about to start a 75gal FOWLR (also my first marine tank)

I am very excited about this tank because I was planning to convert my 55gal freshwater to marine. Now things have changed as my mum suprised me with a 75 for my 12th Birthday next weekend.

My equipment:
AquaC Remora protein skimmer with drain fitting, filter box, and maxi jet 1200 pump.
Big canister filter that sits on top of the aquarium (around 12-15litres capacity)
2x 40w daylights and 1x 40w actinic T5's
2x Aqua one maxi 304 power heads
1x Aqua Vital AVP-2500 air pump
1x Pondmaster MKII UV9w
various accesories, etc.

Anyway.. back to the point. I really have my sights set on a snowflake eel. Can any of you give me some stocking suggestions that would suit the presence of the snowflake eel, and hopefully an antennata lion.

Thank you in advanced and I will be sure to consider all suggestions, comments, and most of all criticism if I have made a mistake or need to correct something.

- Chris

Gotta recommend the foxface :) another one you might like is a bigger tomato or maroon clown. Idk for sure but a small trigger or puffer might work. Just my 2cents :)

thanks khij.

I was looking over some threads just then and the foxface seems to be quite the catch (pun intended lol)

As for the clowns, I really like the look of the maroon, and a saddle valentini puffer would be nice.

One thing I have to say though, is that the first time i saw the picasso trigger I fell in love with it( Especially in real life). Here's the catch; I have read an equal amount of threads saying that the trigger willl either consume the lion fish like a shark eating a seal, or it can even be kept with hermits and snails as an energetic, peaceful inhabitant. So I might try my luck and add it last to limit aggresion on other already existing tankmates.

Although I would like some more colour.
Like maybe a harlequin tuskfish or pinkface wrasse.

If you , or anyone by that matter, has any more suggestions just to take into consideration, that'd be great.

I also would like a small tang aswell (if possible).

thanks again

-Chris

Last edited:
Sounds good. Just make sure to add slowly an make sure your tank can handle the bioload. Buy I LOVE the foxface :) definitely going in my 90 gal reef once I get the trates down from the cycle.

Will do.
But if anyone has some suggestions on tangs that would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom