HELP!!!! upgrading aquarium

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elchakas

Aquarium Advice Activist
im ugrading from a 60g to a 125g aquarium. whats the best way to make the move?? how can i prevent minimium damage and loss?? and will the new aquarim go through another cycle even though its been used alread? thank you.

New aquarium won't go trough a cycle as long as you use the same bio filtration. I would fill the new tank with new sand and new water, move the rock, and drip the livestock over.

Would using the same sand cause a problem?... and can i use sand strraight from the beach?..

Using the same sand will stir up all of the crap in it and if established will release a lot of bad stuff. I don't see why it would hurt to use sand from the beach, it may have some cool critters, you just don't know if your getting anything bad.

mmm so i would b better off just buying new sand right?? now my next important question.. who do i make the move??? were can i put the fish meanwhile.. im estimating it will prob take the whole day since i have to made like 3 trips to scripps to get my water.

Elchakas said:
mmm so i would b better off just buying new sand right?? now my next important question.. who do i make the move??? were can i put the fish meanwhile.. im estimating it will prob take the whole day since i have to made like 3 trips to scripps to get my water.

Can put them in buckets with ur old water or a Rubbermaid bin.

I would keep everything in the old tank, then move it over into buckets or tubs at the last moment pausible. I would also invest in some battery powered bubblers to help.

crister13 said:
New aquarium won't go trough a cycle as long as you use the same bio filtration. I would fill the new tank with new sand and new water, move the rock, and drip the livestock over.

I have heard different on the cycle it will be shorter but it will still have to cycle am I wrong someone on here told me that

Depends on how long the rock is out. I didn't have one when I went from my 135g to 180g. Of course there will always be some die off.

I like the bigger tank. Needs some more rock, but I'm sure you already know that. Looks nice though. Any possibility of having more of an open sandbed look for more "sandbed" dwellers?

Yeah i was thinking about adding a couple more lbs of rock... and the rock was really not out the water i moved it from the aquarium into a 30g container w the same aquarium water...

Looks nice I would stack half of the tank with a bunch of Rick the do half open just my personal liking but nice tank man

I was thinking about that... sounds like a good idea... thanks...

Back
Top Bottom