Help with 29gl FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikeyboy

Aquarium Advice Newbie
HI, everyone I'm a new baby to slat water aquariums. Can anyone suggest one of the best 29 gallon aquariums that i can buy . I want to do a FOWLR tanks which i read is the easiest to maintain and maybe at a ladder date add coral . I have already done some research
as to amount of live rock, sand, cycling phase and using RO/DI water and all the necessary accessories needed to due so.

Problem I'm having is choosing the right tank with the proper equipment that either it comes with the tank or do i need to purchased additional or in place of equipment separately.

Well there is so many options for everything that you could want really, in terms of tanks most are very similar, some different looks, more of a personal opinion.

I have a "plug and play" 28g cube with skimmer and trickle filter in the sump and I added a heater. I'm using it as a reef. It came with CFL but my husband retrofitted it with LEDs. If I could change what I did, I probably would not have purchased the system at all and built my own. The cube can't hold much in the way of corals (mine is overloaded) and if you just want a FOWLR, there won't be room for many fish unless they're all under 2". A 30g breeder with all the equipment from scratch might cost a bit more, but you would have room for the fish to swim side to side, rather than basically up and down as in a cube. I am starting a 40 breeder now as a FOWLR because that is absolutely all the room I have left in the house. I am looking forward to enjoying this tank more than the overloaded reef that requires so much work in that little cube. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom