Help with feeding my clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Boris854

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have four Clowns (Amphiprion ocellaris) false and was wondering what to feed them? I have tried flakes, crab pellets,and frozen Mysid shrimp with no luck they seem to be doing fine, just not wanting to eat. No erratic swimming patterns, they have even found there places to stay in just three days. There just not wanting to eat. I know it's only been three days and thats not been very long but I don't want to loose them so Please Help Thank You and any help would be appreciated.
Boris :fish2:

I would give it a couple more days. They are settling in to there new place and have to develop a routine. How big is this tank? More than 2 clowns in a small tank will most likely end up in a fight for power. Most likely bullying will start and will not end well. Usually with a pair left.

You could try Garlic Guard. Just soak the food in it for a few minutes.

The tank is a 55 gallon tank. I thought it was too soon to worry about it. I went to get some garlic juice and the pet store was out of it. As always it's a dangerous thing for me to go to the store I bought a cleaner shrimp and two yellow line gobies today and they both started to eat right off the bat. The Clowns don't seem to like Brine shrimp either. but like you said it's just a little to soon to get worried yet I just don't want to lose these guys they're so colorful and really set the tank off. I have had trouble in the past with Clowns so that is why I'm just a little paranoid. Thank You for all the help this site and the people are the best.

How big are the clowns in size because I just got a new clown fish also who is a finicky picker and was quite small compared to my oldest clownfish . He learned from the biggest one and ate some flakes but I had to use things like frozen mysis shrimp and some cyclops eeze witch worked well since he was small

Okay, the fish are about 2 inches and I have lost two of them we had a power outage and the tank went from great to oh no. Anyway they are both eating fine now this morning the eat the flakes just fine and this afternoon I'll hit them with Mysis shrimp with a kick of Blood worms the whole tank seems to love these worms.
Thanks to all for your help I was just being impatient. but I'm glad to have people like this to help me
Thank You Again
Boris

Back
Top Bottom