I have a 4 inch lawnmower blenny in my tank and I believe he may not be getting enough to eat (rapid breath and mouth is usually open). I have not seem him pick at nearly anything either.
I have been reading online about feeding him algae sheets (which I am trying but have never seen him eat) along with trying to feed him frozen food (tried brine shrimp) but I have never definitely seen him eat. I do not have a sump to grow algae but I would definitely love to feed this guy and make sure he survives.
I was going to go to the LFS
tomorrow and purchase some algae covered rock but I wanted to ask what I could do to better his chances. Also what is the kind of algae on the rock that I would want to get.
I do not have much algae in my tank that I notice at all so I was wondering if I could also just leave my lights on for hours at a time to help grow some. Please help, I will return him if I need to but if you have any ideas thank you~